iPhone to Smartphone

How to Turn Your iPhone into a Smartphone

How to Turn Your iPhone into a Smartphone

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but the iPhone is not a smartphone. There's nothing smart about being told how to use your device. It's a glorified app launcher at best. A screen full of icons. Nothing more nothing less...




"Customizing"





Boring

(Before)

Awesome

(After)



What makes your iPhone unique from the other millions of user? Let me guess... Your background behind an array of dull icons; cool! I bet you feel unique.


A real smartphone will let you customize nearly everything!

icons status bar dock font animations
color size layout buttons transitions
sounds menus speed occupancy you name it



"Manage Media"




The iPhone heavily rely on iTunes to manage your media. Went to add music? iTunes. Want to add photos? iTunes Want to add videos? iTunes. iTunes iTunes iTunes! Sure overtime it's gotten less dependent but it's still needed. No thank you Apple, I know have to organize my personal files.

Desktop

#DragAndDrop

Phone

#SayNoToiTunes

No iTunes needed to sync my music, my videos, and pictures. I can use any computer with or with administration privileges.




"App Tweaks"




It may not be Apples faults but I'm sure they have inspired app makers to follow the trend of limiting basic functions to hinder the user experience. A real smartphone phone will allow you to download tweaks or the ability make changes to app code giving you unrestricted access to certain features.

YouTube

Instagram

Twitter

Pandora

Spotify

Facebook

  • Save Videos
  • Save Images
  • Save Music
  • Block Ads
  • Downgrade
  • Run In Background







"Real Productivity"





The real reason why the iPhone is so popular is because it's a fun device. You can speed hours fooling around getting nothing accomplished. By definition, that makes it a dumbphone.

"Real File Management"

What's the point of having a ton of storage on your iPhone if you aren't able to use it as a portable flash storage? I perfer to keep my personal files safe by not having to transfer them to the cloud. Once they are on the cloud, they belong to someone else. So value my privacy.




Hey, these might not be features you care about, but I do. I like having full control of my device. It's like owning a car and being told you can only drive during the day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Install Windows on your Mac

How To Install LED Light Bulbs for Your Car

How to Procrastinate